Fort Meade Family Eyecare is Open & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions That We Ask of You
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask over their mouth and nose.
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- One family unit in the office at a time.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the Exchange, and COVID questions will be asked.
- Pre-appointment registration forms are on our site.
- Patients may be asked to wait in the Exchange atrium prior to their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time.
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- Cell phones must be put away while inside the clinic.
- Our cancellation policy, in light of the limited amount of patients we are able to see: Cancellation within 24 hours of their appointment will be billed a $25 late cancellation fee. No show appointments will not be allowed to reschedule until after the pandemic. We thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- We have installed air purifiers with HEPA filters in every room.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the reception area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.